[Shotimes] farting car revisited

Steve Tatro stevetatro@att.net
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 11:07:34 -0500

Don M. told me once upon a time it's probably the oil bypass when
extremely cold.  Mine's been doing it for years, no detectable problems.

He mentioned that he's seen the problem go away when the car switched to
0W-30 Mobil or Amsoil.

Later,

Steve Tatro
Red/Black '93 with 165k miles
Cincinnati, Ohio

P.S.  You want to keep this serious when you have "fart" in the subject
and "toot" in the body?  Ha!

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Michael S Wojton
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 11:00 AM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shotimes] farting car revisited

I know that this was discussed not long ago.  Was there a consensus on
what it is?  I admit I didn't pay much attention to the thread then
because my old car didn't do it.  But this one does.  One toot, about a
second after startup when the car is cold.  Like in the morning or after
work.

Let's try to keep this serious, ok?  ; )

Mike Wojton
Toledo, Ohio

-'95 Green MTX  3/01-1/03
   ShoShop y-pipe