[Shotimes] Fuel Pump gone bad after 2 weeks?

Thesing, Hunter M. HMTHESING@stthomas.edu
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 13:04:53 -0600

Hey all,

I recently installed a 190 LPH pump from the Sho Shop in hopes of solving a
drivability issue (stalling and lack of power).  It still stalls so I brought
it in for a diagnostic.  They said I needed new valve cover gaskets and oil
well seals (obviously), a new IAC (which should help), and a new fuel pump
(what the ****?).  According to them, it wasn't holding pressure once the car
was turned off.  Is this normal for an aftermarket pump?  I also have some
trouble codes dealing with the fuel pump primary and secondary circuits, codes
542 and 55* ( I think).  Can anyone help me with this?  From what I can feel
while driving it, the pump is definitely working.  What's going on?

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Hunter Thesing
1993 MTX
98K Miles