[Shotimes] Fuel Pump gone bad after 2 weeks?

Dave Kegel Dave Kegel" <d.kegel@attbi.com
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 13:20:06 -0600

You could very well have two different problems.  The stalling may be
separate from the lack of power.

I'm sure the pump is good.  The one you replaced was probably good too,
unfortunately.

The 542 code occurs anytime you stall the car so it's very common to get
that code.  You can ignore it.

Does the car stall when you are in gear and driving along?  If so, what does
the tach do?  If it drops to zero while the car is in gear and moving, key
on, than you almost certainly have a bad crank sensor.  Do you know if it's
ever been replaced?

How old are your plugs and wires?  How much oil is in the wells.?  That
could be your lack of power problem, but I'd concentrate on the stalling
first.

Dave Kegel