[Shotimes] rear valve cover HELPPPP

Mark D. Mallory mmallory78@earthlink.net
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 00:37:00 -0500

Bruce,

This is NOT the quickest way to get the cover back on, but it is the
easiest... especially if you're doing it by yourself!

You should have noticed that the wiring harness (along the firewall side of
the engine) gets in the way.  You just can't seem to get the rear right-hand
corner in place without screwing up the seal placement.  To get around this
you need to break the wiring harness into it's two halves.  You'll see that
the harness has a bunch of connectors (4 I think) attached to a metal
shield-bracket thingy.  The shield should be just to the left of center
along the firewall side of the engine.  Once you separate all 4 connections
you can push the harness up and towards the firewall.  This allows you just
enough clearance to get the valve cover back on.

The trade off is that you have first disconnect the connectors and then
reconnect them when your done.  This obviously adds to the repair time...
but you can get the valve cover back on with a lot less trouble.

Hope this helps!

Mark Mallory
Toledo, OH
'95 SHO MTX