[Shotimes] rear valve cover HELPPPP

Kurt Metros kurt@elkhart.net
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 07:21:27 -0500

Bruce,

What Mark is suggesting isn't a bad idea.  The reason I say this is
because some people have had problems with the lower bolt for the intake
support rubbing through one of the harnesses.  When we had Kegels' 91
apart his outer wrap was worn through and lots of the insulation on one
or two of the wires had worn off.  We wrapped it in lots of electrical
tape, which will take a while to wear through again.

I first discovered this on my old 89 - it would buck when I'd jump on
it....took forever to find, but basically when I would accelerate hard
the engine and consequently the bolt head would jump back and hit a wire
that had all the insulation worn off, short it out and cause the
bucking.  When I'd take my foot off the gas the bolt would come off the
wire and it would run fine.  It was madding to figure out.  I discovered
it when I started tearing everything I could out and disconnecting,
examing, and cleaning as many of the electrical connectors I could.

Just a thought...

Kurt