[Shotimes] Could my mtx be bad?

Mark D. Mallory mmallory78@earthlink.net
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 09:29:05 -0500

You have one of two things happening.

1 - Synchros are going bad.  You would have noticed a fine (like graphite)
metal dust in your old fluid if this was the case.  If your old fluid was
still red and clear (excluding any oxidation) then I highly doubt that your
synchros are bad.

 - OR -

2 - You're tranny doesn't like the synthetic fluid.  Most people who have
switched to a synthetic fluid have found that their transmissions shift like
crap.  Try switching back to regular fluid or try the GM Synchromesh since a
lot of users have had excellent results with it.

Mark Mallory
Toledo, Ohio
'95 SHO MTX