[Shotimes] Could my mtx be bad?

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 09:33:14 -0600

Josh,

One thing to remember is when you switch from regular to
synthetic fluid in a tranny, you need to give it some time
to wear in.  The reason being that the regular fluid has
soaked into the fiber portion of the syncro, and when you
put the synthetic in, it takes some time to flush that out
and replace it with the better synthetic, so the friction
properties are out of whack for a while (in non-technical
terms) from what lubricant engineers have told me.

But although I like Amsoil and Mobil 1 fluids, I have always
gone with the Redline products that were found to go well
with the SHO from day one.  Of course the early SHO's had
brass syncro's and they needed NO "flushing" to start
working with a new fluid.

Why not try Redline D4 and give it a while to soak in, and
then flush and fill with the same thing again after a
thousand miles or so.  Give one fluid a chance to work over
a longer haul and you might be happier.

Don Mallinson