[Shotimes] SOS... Brake rotor glowing

David Vaudreuil davidvaudreuil@hotmail.com
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 11:00:16 -0500

Well I had the same problem on my 92. I changed the e-brake cables, pins and
caliper(ended up failing because of the heat!! well I had to get home...) Me
it turned out to be the hose.
BUT wait I didn't have to change the hose. Just get under your car, and
there is a metal clamp where the hose is attached to the strut, over time
the metal rust causing expension and therefore squeezing into the hose! The
quick fix is to take a large flat head screw driver(the bigger the better)
and ply the joint in the clamp appart to give more space for the hose!! I
bet you (well maybe not bet something but..) that this will solve your
problem.

Dave
92 MTX Black/mocha full leather, K&N intake, fish tank lights, Dynomax
mufflers,Aluminum sub-frame bushing.

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Chris \"Zap\"" <zap@columbus.rr.com>
To: <Shotimes@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shotimes] SOS... Brake rotor glowing
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:09:37 -0500

     This isn't the first time I've had brake problems, but I sure hope it
will be the last.  This time I have a right rear rotor GLOWING due to the
excess friction and heat.  What can it be now???  I have already had both
rear e-brake cables replaced,  and when I went to release the e-brake
(parked on an incline) the car wouldn't roll back like it normally does.
The only wheel that is hot is the right rear.  Any clues?  I have to get the
car back in working condition, as Joy's is still on stands so that leaves us
no car to get to school! :(  Bad timing.

Thanks,
Chris