[Shotimes] SOS... Brake rotor glowing

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:47:06 -0600

DAvid,

When my hose swelled shut, I replaced it and then removed
the clamp and cut the hose in half.  I don't think opening
up the clamp will be a full repair, but it might work in the
short term.  Inside my hose the hose was blocked off.  I
don't think the rust causes the hose to pinch shut, the rust
migrates through the hose to block off the inside like
corrosion in a pipe in a house.

The real solution is to replace the hose.  But prying open
the clamp a bit might help, at least it is free.

Don Mallinson