[Shotimes] HEGO sensor trouble codes

Thesing, Hunter M. HMTHESING@stthomas.edu
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 10:06:57 -0600

Just to clarify, my sensors were packaged as Borg Warner, but the sensors
themselves say Bosch on them.

I don't think it's running rich.  I checked the codes again last night and
also got a code for always running lean.  And yes, my CE light does come on
intermittently.  Whether or not its related to the sensor, I don't know.  But
the only codes I pulled were for the HEGO sensors.  In the KOER test, I had
the always lean code, if my memory is correct.

Also, I have recently cleaned my MAF, and have ordered a used one off Ebay to
try in case mine is bad.  I do need to clean my K&N (extremely dirty),
though.

In regards to Mark's comments, how many wires should be on the sensor?  Maybe
I got ATX ones instead.

I do occasionally lose power at highway speeds and have to push the pedal to
the floor to get it back.  Sometimes the CE light is on, sometimes it isn't.
I'm really starting to wonder what else might be wrong.  I don't see how bad
sensors could cause so much trouble.  But, then again, I'm no mechanic,
otherwise it would be running great.

Thanks for the help, guys.  Hopefully, we can get this resolved.

Hunter