[Shotimes] HEGO sensor trouble codes

Kevin & Cheryl Airth clubairth@cajunnet.com
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 11:09:39 -0600

Hunter:
 Have you checked the plug wells for oil? I had the same O2 errors and off
and on stumbling at highway speeds. Resealed the plug wells and fixed it
all. This was within 10K miles of my 60K work. I reused the valve cover
seals and put RTV on them but apparently not enough! I used new seals and
RTV when I redid it!
.
.

> Just to clarify, my sensors were packaged as Borg Warner, but the sensors
> themselves say Bosch on them.
>
> I don't think it's running rich.  I checked the codes again last night and
> also got a code for always running lean.  And yes, my CE light does come
on
> intermittently.  Whether or not its related to the sensor, I don't know.
But
> the only codes I pulled were for the HEGO sensors.  In the KOER test, I
had
> the always lean code, if my memory is correct.
>
> Also, I have recently cleaned my MAF, and have ordered a used one off Ebay
> try in case mine is bad.  I do need to clean my K&N (extremely dirty),
> though.
>
> In regards to Mark's comments, how many wires should be on the sensor?
Maybe