[Shotimes] brakes'friction material

mysteryman@x-press.net mysteryman@x-press.net
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 21:33:08 -0500

Hi all, I ran across your site by accident and saw what Leigh Smith
had written about brake pads. There is on thing that was not
mentioned. The major problem with friction material today is, is that
there is no more asbestos being used in the friction material !!!
The industry has not had enough time to properly develop non asbestos
friction material to replace the asbestos. This is a major problem on
older cars that were originally designed for asbestos. My testing of
many of the currently available pads has shown that many of the cars
will no longer even stop with in the federal standards that were in
effect when the cars were produced. I have decided that I am going to
have pads/shoes that properly stop my cars and trucks come hell or
high water. So I contacted a few people I know in the friction
material biz and convinced them to produce the asbestos friction
material that I want to use.  I was an engineer at Chrysler for 32
years and was able to call in a few favors. I have all the specs on
most all the automotive frictions that have been produced in the last
40 years. I will be having 3 of the best produced next month. This is
a hush hush deal. The co. that is producing this for me does not wish
to be known. If  you SHO guys would like some pads for your cars I
can have them run when I do mine. This is a one time deal !! There
will be no more ever produced in the USA ever again. I will have
enough for myself and a few friends to last us the rest of our lives.
Contact me if you and your guys have any interest in getting any.
Thx...///T.E