[Shotimes] Should I destroy a 91+??

alfitz@alfitz.com alfitz@alfitz.com
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 09:11:17 -0600

Mike, I just have to respond to this email.

YOU SAID:
  If you
> can't sell them don't buy them.  Let someone else enjoy the SHO for the
> first time.

I buy these SHOs all over the country and the people I am competing with
when I buy them are not kids looking for a SHO, but with scrap iron dealers
who are looking for iron. They don't give a shit about the rare SHO+
spoiler, or the 3.0 YAMAHA engine, or the rod shifter, or the fiberglass
hood. To them, it's just 'iron weight', or useless fiberglass scrap. Most
salvage yards won't buy a car older than 6-8 years old, which leaves me and
the scrap dealers. I buy these cars from facilities that the general public
is not allowed, so the chances of these SHOs going to an enthusiast is VERY
small. How many GEN Is have you seen at a salvage yard? They get shredded or
crushed.

YOU SAID:
> I don't want to sound mean, but something about having 50 SHOs on hand and
> very few for sale scares me.  I haven't sent you hate mail, nor would I,
but
> I can definetly see where those people are coming from.

Better that I have some complete SHOs for sale and lots of parts, than
having them shredded or crushed.

YOU SAID:
> See, now I'm sorry, but this particular car I asked you about.  I wanted
it,
> but I didn't want to bid on it and drive the price up for you so I let it
> go.  By just not bidding on it at all, someone who wanted to fix up a rare
> car of which there are only 700 (in that color) could have had it for what
> you paid and the car would have never been in danger of being stripped.

The SHO you wanted, the green SHO+ in Colorado, is not the car I have. I
never bought that car in Colorado. Further, I don't 'crush' or 'shred' my
SHOs. Of all the SHOs I've owner, only one of them went to the crusher, and
there was absolutely nothing left of it.

I guess I just can't win, if I sell parts, people think I'm a cannibal and
if I sell them whole, they think I'm gouging. This is FUN!

Al Fitzgerald
alfitz@alfitz.com