[Shotimes] disable passenger airbag / 1995 SHO

alfitz@alfitz.com alfitz@alfitz.com
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 16:10:28 -0500

This is my theory....

If I was going to put in a switch, this is how I'd do it.

First CAREFULLY measure the resistance in ohms across the air bag you want
to switch.
Using a double pole switch, disconnect one lead going to the AB and send the
circuit through the matching resistor.

By doing this, the AB computer doesn't know the bag is disconnected and will
function normally for the other bag. If you just disconnect the bag, the
computer will see the fault and shut down the whole AB system. If you use
the 'remove the fuse' method, you will also be disabling the AB system. AND,
the AB light will drive you crazy.

That's my theory....

Al Fitz
http://www.alfitz.com
NEW & USED SHO PARTS
.
SHO PARTS REQUEST FORM:
http://www.alfitz.com/sho/parts-form.htm

WE ACCEPT MasterCard, Visa. and Discovery
NOTE: When replying to this email, please use your 'REPLY' button to include
the original message.