[Shotimes] Suspension/steering questions

Ian Fisher ianf@eden.rutgers.edu
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 00:19:25 -0400 (EDT)

The mounts are seperate from the strut bearings. AFAIK, the bearings don't
require any grease.

You most likely need new mounts and possibly bump stops. I would also
replace ball joints (you asked in a different post).

check out my page www.eden.rutgers.edu/~ianf for some P/N#'s

Josh's Shonut site has a good writeup on the differences between strut
mounts and bearings. I suggest looking at that to make a good decision on
what you want.

I also think that welding your exsisting housings is a PITA if you already
have fresh uncut housings to play around with. Cutting the housings is
pretty easy; use a drill to get the oil out (it smells) and use an exhaust
pipe cutter to cut the housings. Works really well.

Ian