[Shotimes] Re: Need nice Gen I SHO for Carlisle Display

Noack, Jason Jason.Noack@ihrco.com
Thu, 1 May 2003 17:08:03 -0400

I already sent an E-Mail to Mike.

Jason Noack

-----Original Message-----
From: Donald Mallinson [mailto:dmall@mwonline.net]
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2003 4:58 PM
To: V8 SHO Mailing List; SHOtimes Mailing List
Subject: [Shotimes] Re: Need nice Gen I SHO for Carlisle Display

Kirk Doucette wrote:
 > When is this event?

Sorry folks, Left out some info:  Here is the rest of the
information that I asked the guy for:

Is there any cost?

The invitational cars that will be displayed in building T
will incur no cost to enter the show.

 >>Dates of the event.

May 30th-June 1st

 >>How long will the car have to be displayed (arrive to leave)

The car will need to be on display from the Thursday evening
prior to the event until Sunday at approximately 3pm.

 >>And will the car be able to leave every night, or will the
person have to leave the car (have other transportation in
other words).

Yes, the person should plan for other transportation for the
hours when they aren't at the show.  The car will need to be
kept secure inside the building throughout the show, taking
its place next to other fine cars from the beginning of
Ford's history up to the new 2004 concepts.

 >>Is there any judging or contest/prizes other things that
someone might compete for during this display, or is it just
a display.

It is a display and these cars won't compete for a prize,
however, they will be featured in the event publication that
goes to every attendee of the event.  This is the reason we
will be looking for quality photos of the vehicle in the
near future.

 >>Anything else I need to tell my people before we ask for
volunteers?

I hope not.  Again, we do want the car to be very close to
stock appearing. This is going to be a fun event with Jay
Mays, the chief designer of the new Mustang concepts (both
the hardtop and convertible will be here on display),
here speaking and signing autographs along with an overall
celebration of the 100th anniversary.  The red GT concept
will also be here (Ford says it can't be called a GT40
anymore...)  Maybe not the Detroit Ford 100th...but the next
best thing!