[Shotimes] rod bearings

Don McKinnon (AST) dmckinnon@asttechlabs.com
Sat, 3 May 2003 14:12:58 -0400

oil light flash means that it is way too late!

I have used Fram HP-1 (or Purlator Premium HP-1 I hope its as good!) mostly
for at least the last 6 years, because of Garu's feedback in SHOtimes (see
http://makeashorterlink.com/?H37352F64).  Did the Mobil 1 large size 2 or 3
times too but changed.

My rod bearings will be changed when I get to the long overdue plug well
seals.  probably not until July though when the AWA and kids do an extended
family visit in NY!

Don McKinnon
95 MTX - White/Mocha 91k miles
Stage 1 Power Package with Stage 1cams
Canyon Carver Road/Race Suspension
Quaife & HiRevs Competition Clutch

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of sho2go
Sent: Saturday, May 03, 2003 1:42 PM
To: Shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] rod bearings

That would be a good, educated guess, except this wear pattern should be a
lot more common.  At 140K, 2 of the center bearings (don't remember which)
were showing a little copper; neither end was in my car.  On the oil forum
the filter testing is showing some filters (Mobil1, Purolator) dropping more
pressure than others.  I use M1 and have never had the oil light flash or
other oil-related problems.  Which filters have you been using?
Mike