[Shotimes] '93 brake options

Josh Salaets jsalaets@msn.com
Sun, 4 May 2003 12:05:49 -0700

> If this thing runs like this for awhile - after feeling like I've done
> just about everything I can or need to, to the engine right now - I'll
> move on to the next thing - BRAKES.
>
> '93 MTX, daily driver, want really good, but not racing type brakes.
>
> What are the upgrade options for my '93??

The '96 brake upgrade is the way to go if you can afford it.  It runs quite
a bit more for '93 and older SHOs vs. '94 and '95 SHOs.  I fought brake
problems on my SHO for almost two years, going through countless sets of
rotors and pads, and eventually replacing everything in the brake system,
including the all the calipers and brake fluid lines, the master cylinder,
and the booster.

I FINALLY got everything resolved using Napa United "lifetime" rotors and
Performance Friction pads from Autozone.  These are a upgraded pad from OEM,
and run only $30.  They are by far the cheapest pad I have tried on my car,
but also work far better than any of the other "name-brand" pads I tried,
like Raybestos, etc.

Information on the '96 brake upgrade can be found here:

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?O3E152174

Josh Salaets
95 SHO MTX (See it at: www.cardomain.com/id/sh0gun)
85 Omni GLH-T (Yeah, it's fast)