[Shotimes] Lapeer Dragway on Saturday 5/3 (a little long!)

Mark Nunnally manunnal@netheaven.com
Sun, 4 May 2003 16:04:42 -0400

>Dave said Ryan's
> car felt more like his '95 with the better top-end pull (speaking of rpm
> range and 2nd 1/8 on the strip).

    It's funny how some of the cheap "beaters" like that fly.  My '93 winter
beater (I mean this thing is a real piece) has a 225k or so motor from a
wrecked '90, bonestock down to the silencer and paper filter, and IMHO it's
(for whatever reason) has killer low/mid range torque (and seems to pull
fine up top).  I've played around with Josh T's 89 on the open road, few 3rd
gear pulls and a few 1-3 stints, (anybody remember his 14.80's in the 100
degree atlanta heat?) and it's as quick, if not a tick quicker than that
car.

I've honestly thought if I ever tore up the 3.2L in the 89, I wouldn't even
look for another 3.2L.  I would put this 3.0L in there to replace it, I
would be willing to bet $1000 it would turn close to the same times with it.

If work allows this coming wed, I may throw the nitto's on the beater and
run it for kicks and grins!  I built it's tranny from spare tranny parts in
the garage, various used diff pins, and 185,000 mile blocking rings.  lol.

mark