[Shotimes] Lapeer

Ryan Staley sulu16@attbi.com
Sun, 4 May 2003 21:07:14 -0400

Hey all, whoever of you that didn't go to Lapeer Saturday missed out.  I
had an AWESOME time, the weather was great, the people were cool, and
all you really had to wait for was bracket racing, if you want to call
going to a drag strip and getting 20+ runs in while still bs'ing on the
sidelines all day waiting.  At any rate, Porter was kind enough to give
me an old (but still decent) motor mount so I could race (THANKS
PORTER!) and let us use his jack.  I was surprised at myself because
even though I didn't think I'd run a damn 16.5 (thanks for the optimism
Porter..) I sure as hell didn't think I'd pull a 15.087 @ 94.85 my first
and slowest run, so my head has swelled a bit. ;0)  At any rate, my best
runs ET wise were a 14.810 @ 97.77 with a 2.263 60' time and a 14.807 @
97.91 mph, with a 2.283 60' time.  My best trap speed as I found out by
a time slip I didn't see until I got back to the hotel was a 14.939 @
98.12 with a weak 2.36 60' time.  My last 5 runs which I took
consecutively after 5pm (they were closing at 5:30) were all in the
14's.  I was really starting to catch on I think about how to launch
better at the end and I think I could have gotten into the 14.7's with
more time, oh well.  Garber's car ran strong as we both figured it would
and he ran the hell out of John's Maxipad, damn does that thing haul.
On a run where I ran a very low 15 he ran a 14.67 I think and he was
just walking away from me the whole time.  Garber is the "bolt on
driver", who the hell needs UDP's, just spend the money for a case of
beer and have Garber get you 2-5 tenths.  My car needs a good bit of
work and the engine still twisting a good bit didn't help any, but she
ran great and I couldn't be happier with how she ran.  As far as power
goes, I did think when I drove Ron's car that his felt stronger out of
the hole although mid range I think we're around the same, but I
remember going to third gear and waiting for his speedo to start
climbing like a bitch but it just wasn't happening (of course my speedo
jumps from around 80 to 100 in a split second b/c my speedo cable needs
cleaned so that doesn't help) while my car LOVES the top end.  Ok, done
rambling.

Ryan Staley
91 Burgundy (147k miles)

Mods:
Removed outer airbox
"Free Flowing" Hole in 1 muffler due to major corrosion =0)