[Shotimes] Lapeer

Dave Garber Dave Garber" <dpgarber@zbzoom.net
Mon, 5 May 2003 15:05:57 -0400

Bolt on Driver eh? lol. I figured your car would run well but, I didn't
think it'd run like my '95 did. Great running car! All you have to do now is
get it looking half-way as good as it runs and you'll have one helluva tight
'91!  :P Too bad I didn't have the '95 still - would have been a fun 'grudge
match'!

My '99 ran a little better than I expected. My average over 15 runs was
15.22 @ 93.1. My best was 15.19 @ 93.5 (2.23 60', 9.94 1/8 ET, 76.09 1/8
MPH) my worst was a 15.47 @ 91.75. I went in thinking the car was a solid
15.3 car so, I was pleased considering what little I've done to it. It was
fun racing Porter in his '95. Seems whoever redlighted won! I think that was
the first time I redlighted more than I slept at the tree. But, the car that
really impressed me was the 2002 Maxima 6spd John brought. I turned a best
of 14.46 @ 100.02 with that car! And the truth is, I was still figuring out
how to drive it! I'm 100% positive that with some more practice I could get
a 14.00 easily and probably a 102 -104 trap (my best 60' was an 'average'
2.26). Amazing. 15 or 16 inch street slicks and it's a high 13 second car.

Anyway, it was a total blast as usual. We need to get more guys/gals coming
out to Lapeer when we get together like that. The racing, hangin' out with
everyone afterwards and getting to race whatever car you want makes for a
fun weekend. Next get together is scheduled for the fall so, hopefully we
can get more people to go racing with us!

Dave Garber
Pittsburgh, PA
'99 White
VOD Mark I Intake