[Shotimes] starter solenoid

Mike.Wojton@us.o-i.com Mike.Wojton@us.o-i.com
Mon, 5 May 2003 10:08:46 -0400

So I was checking all the connections on my starting system yesterday,
as I had an odd incident Saturday where the car almost didn't start,
and I came across something that I thought was odd.  But maybe it's
just me.  Not me that's odd, the thing...nevermind.

I was tightening the connections on the starter, and I noticed the part
of the solenoid where the wires connect to was moving a little as I was
tightening.  Like it was rotating in the body of the solenoid.  Should
that
be happening?  I don't think so, but maybe it's not a problem.

Incidentally, I've been experienceing this problem occasionally since I
unplugged the wire from the door latch switch to keep the Door Ajar
light from coming on.  I wouldn't think that would have made a difference
but there may be a slight drain on the system.  Next thing is to plug that
thing back in.

Mike Wojton
Toledo, Ohio

-'95 Green MTX  3/01-1/03