[Shotimes] One Lap at IRP report

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Mon, 05 May 2003 09:12:31 -0500

Went to the One Lap event at IRP this last Sunday (May 4th.)

As some of you may remember, I went to watch the SHOgun run.

Prepared at least in part at the SHO Shop, and run by a One
Lap with 6 previous events as experience, the blue SHOgun
was amazing to see and drew a crowd.

The SHOclub.com stickers were above the windshield and on
the tail of the little blue rocket.

Supercharger fit in the back seat around the motor just
fine, and this thing had some SERIOUS rubber on the huge wheels.

BUT, the car had rear brake problems at the first event
Saturday at Watkins Glen and was in 54th place.

Sunday, the brakes didn't act up ( a change to a less
aggressive pad on back helped) but car and driver didn't
fare much better going to 53rd place for the first of two
races at IRP.  We left before the second race was over,
right after the SHOgun ran another time.

Amazing how much stuff they could get into that little car!

Look for a full story and pictures in the spring issue of
the SHOclub magazine.

NOTE:  the combined fall2002 and winter 2003 issue of the
SHOclub magazine is at the printers and should be in the
mail within a week.  EVERYONE that doesn't have their
membership expire with the winter 2003 issue will have their
membership extended one issue so you will still get four
magazines for your money.

The One Lap event was amazing with lots of WRX and Evo's to
be seen along with the regular Vette's and I was surprised
to see several of the old big Impala SS's and the Caprice
versions still running?  Must be a class that they fall into
where they are really competitive, or that back seat must be
REAL comfortable for sleeping.

Check out the magazine for more!

Don Mallinson
SHO Club