[Shotimes] starter solenoid

ATXSHO93@aol.com ATXSHO93@aol.com
Mon, 5 May 2003 11:04:44 EDT

Mike.Wojton@us.o-i.com writes:

> I was tightening the connections on the starter, and I noticed the part
> of the solenoid where the wires connect to was moving a little as I was
> tightening.  Like it was rotating in the body of the solenoid.  Should
> that be happening?

I had the same problem a few years ago.  It had been caused by having the
battery cables crammed out of the way by the previous owner during oil
changes.  After I had some starting issues I replaced the solenoid and now it
works fine.  The new posts on the solenoid do not turn in the housing.  I
bought one from NAPA.

John Gentry
'93 ATX w/ mods