[Shotimes] Re: original key

kerbyh@netzero.net kerbyh@netzero.net
Mon, 5 May 2003 16:32:15 GMT

There are only X number of combinations of keys for any given Model/Year.  X is a fairly large number, but when you build several hundred thousand Tauri a year, those combinations get reused alot.  Not that uncommon with any brand.  Now a Taurus key won't work on a Mustang.  Each car line has a different set of base keys.  IIRC all CV Police Cars are keyed alike, maybe even over a series of years.  That way any officer can get into another car with out that specific key.  Now if you have an former police car, your key may work on a CV in your hometown force.  I wouldn't suggest stealing a police car though.  Talk about some piss off people...

Kerby "Mr. Trivia" Haltom

--- Ian Fisher <ianf@eden.rutgers.edu> wrote:

I can get into any gen1/2 Taurus/Sable in about 5 seconds. Keys! Ha!

FWIW, I think that some of my friends found that their keys work in
eachother's cars. Nice Ford, Nice.

Ian

-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Schick [mailto:jschick@aafp.org]
Sent: Monday, May 05, 2003 11:23 AM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net; TechSHO@topica.com
Subject: [Shotimes] Re: original key

Well even with 7 pins in the tumbler, there aren't that many
combinations out there. We should have a contest at the convention to
see who's key will open the most doors. That could get interesting!

I figure Kansas City is big enough that I have nothing to worry about. I
still say we have more SHOs per capita than any other city nation
wide...

Justin
dead 92 that you couldn't drive away even if you had a key cut

>>> "Paul L Fisher" <sho@paul-fisher.com> 05/05/03 10:07AM >>>
I believe you just provided the internet community with a way to get a
Ford dealership to cut a key for your car. Where is it located? I've
always wanted a free '91..... ;-)

This email was sent to: kerbyh@netzero.net