[Shotimes] A/C question

ATXSHO93@aol.com ATXSHO93@aol.com
Tue, 06 May 2003 11:46:10 -0400

In a message dated 5/6/2003 7:32:18 AM Eastern Standard Time, mmucher@bellsouth.net writes:

> Can anyone tell me the correct procedure for topping up
> 134a with just a can and a hose (no gauge)? How do I know when it's done?>

Mark,

You really need a set of gauges to check the pressures on the high side and low side.  A 134a system really needs to be evacuated and re-charged to get a proper fill and performance.  It may work for a while by "winging it", but you can add too much and cause high pressures in the system that will cause you problems.  I can send you a procedure to charge the system if you are interested.  Too long to post here :)

John Gentry
'93 ATX that I just converted to 134a (38 degree vent temps)