[Shotimes] Fram oil filter

Ron DeReus dereus@fbx.com
Wed, 7 May 2003 20:53:36 -0500

Somewhere I have a paper where somebody researched a bunch of different oil
filters.  Basically, you get what you pay for, and with Fram, you don't get
much.  I think the Motorcraft, Mobil1, Wix, and maybe Purolator filters all
have the bypass where it should be.

Ron DeReus
95 MTX

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of sho2go
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 7:48 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Fram oil filter

I have strong doubts, Mark.  If you consider the flow by the time the filter
goes into bypass, its up greater than 5 gpm as high as the pump will flow,
maybe 11-12 gpm.  Thats a tremendous amount of turbulence washing right by
the folds, and I am quite sure a good portion of the debris will go along
for the ride.
Mike