[Shotimes] Flashback: the early years of SHOtimes

David Bonds dbonds@C-EDGE.com
Wed, 7 May 2003 21:51:25 -0500

Been reading the "SHOtimers long gone" thread with much flashback.....

I was never on the Prodigy system, but I'm the one who started the
SHOtimes list on the internet - here's what started it all for me (wow,
the memories) :

July 13 1992
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=6673.74.uupcb%40cutting.hou.tx.us&o
e=UTF-8&output=gplain

...being my usual procrastinating self (well that, and the fact I didn't
have listserv technology until later), it only took until

August 3, 1993 (who's up for a 10 year anniversary for shotimes in a
couple months?)
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=71.3945.74.0N4F004E%40cutting.hou.t
x.us&oe=UTF-8&output=gplain

To officially get the shotimes mailing list started.

...and lastly, the decision that COULD of nix'ed shotimes early on
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=5376.74.uupcb%40cutting.hou.tx.us&o
e=UTF-8&output=gplain
(Chevy Lumina Eurosport, WHAT was I thinking??)

--

above) ran from a dialup BBS without direct internet access.

Trivia #2 - the address I'm posting from now (c-edge.com) is the
"descendent" of that original cutting.hou.tx.us name I had for a BBS way
back then.

- Dave (still driving a 1995 MTX SHO)

BTW, here's how we dealt with bouncing email addresses "back in the day"
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=71.10441.74.0N4F7787%40cutting.hou.
tx.us&oe=UTF-8&output=gplain

Ahhh, the memories.