[Shotimes] Very (OT): Ryobi lawn trimmers

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Fri, 9 May 2003 09:33:44 -0400

You may have missed the beginning of the thread, but that's what we've been
discussing. He was looking at a new 875r, and I've had a 975r for around 7
years, as have a few other folks. Mine's a 4-stroke, which I wanted. One
less hassle for gassing up. My mower is 4-stroke. I do need gas/oil for the
2-stroke snowblower in winter, and I have a chain saw that I use once every
4-5 years.

IMHO, the Ryobi setup, with a few attachments, is cheaper than buying an
individual tool for each purpose, plus it saves garage storage space and
cuts down the number of engines you have to maintain and prep for the
winter.

Talked myself into a new Ryobi vacuum yesterday, since my old one quit
working awhile back. I see the new ones are blower/vacs . Don't need the
blower, but it could be handy rather than swapping back and forth. Amazon
has $10 off, plus free shipping.