[Shotimes] 94 Moonlight Blue MTX FS

Ron Porter ronporter@prodigy.net
Fri, 9 May 2003 14:47:05 -0400

Paul, you can't apply pricing guidelines, which are pretty much only valid
for cars 5 years-old or less, anyway. For 8-year-old cars, they only serve
as an insurance value guide if the car gets wrecked.

On a 2-year-old car, yes, there is a HUGE difference in value of under 100K
and 168K cars.

For an 8-year-old car, there can be virtually NO difference....unless
EVERYTHING else is equal. I'll take a car with a great interior/exterior,
good service records, and 200k miles over a 100K car with a beat-up
interior/exterior, and I'll pay MORE for the 200K car.

Once a car is over 5-years-old, the pricing is based on condition and what
the market will bear. And as a few people stated, MTX SHOs will pull more
money than an ATX.

From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net [mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Paul L Fisher
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2003 2:18 PM
To: SHOtimes (Team.net); Randy Smith
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] 94 Moonlight Blue MTX FS

There is a HUGE difference in value between a sub 100K car and 168K, though.
Just think about it though. If no one takes you up on $3200, wouldn't you
rather get $2200 than $1500?

Paul L Fisher
'93 Ford Taurus SHO Crimson Clearcoat ATX 172K Build date 11/18/1992
- K&N Panel filter, Tokico Struts, Eibach Springs, Dynomax cat-back, Holley
190lph fuel pump, FPS rebuilt ATX, 26mm rear sway bar, Performance-Plus
Stainless Steel Y-pipe, '96 brake upgrade, Proportioning valve plugs, Delrin
sub-frame bushings, Amsoil Series 2000 0W-30 oil, Amsoil Synthetic ATF.

SHO Club member http://www.shoclub.com/
Check out my web site http://www.paul-fisher.com/
Amsoil dealer http://www.paul-fisher.com/oil.htm

Get $5 free from Paypal! https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=P3XEFFBFUFKN6