[Shotimes] Stereo Questions

Josh Salaets jsalaets@msn.com
Sat, 10 May 2003 01:16:25 -0700

> I believe our amps are suited to run our speakers very well.  They
actually
> sound pretty good (for cheap speakers) when just a better HU is installed.

I agree.  The first thing I did after I bought my SHO was to invest in a
really nice head unit and install it, leaving the rest of the sound system
alone.  The guy at the stereo store wanted to install it for me (of course),
and said that I would have to rewire the whole speaker system due to the
Premium Sound in Fords.  I told him it was BS, as they had a wiring harness
adapter where the dash harness plugs into the radio sitting on the shelf.
He said it wouldn't work, but I told him I'd like to buy it anyway.

It took me about 10 minutes for me to pull out my stock deck, solder the
adapter to the new head unit, and install it in the car.  I made sure to go
by the stereo strore the next day to show him that it worked just fine, and
rewiring the car or bypassing the amp was TOTALLY unecessary.  He didn't
have much to say.

Honestly, I think this whole rumor about having to bypass our factory amps
and wiring was created by stereo installers that wanted to gouge their
customers.  Now there may be other reasons to rewire and bypass our factory
stuff for the real audiophiles out there, but for those that just want to
improve their current setup and/or have an in-dash CD player, just go out
and buy the standard adapter, install, and enjoy!

Josh Salaets
95 SHO MTX (See it at: www.cardomain.com/id/sh0gun)
85 Omni GLH-T (Yeah, it's fast)
NWSHOC Member