[Shotimes] Trick to removing rear ABS sensor?

Rbade12@aol.com Rbade12@aol.com
Sun, 11 May 2003 08:26:12 EDT

In a message dated 5/10/2003 11:02:49 PM Central Standard Time,
dereus@fbx.com writes:

>  What is the trick to getting the ABS sensor out?  My
> Chilton's just says "remove it."  Well, I have the single 10mm bolt out
> that
> appears to have been securing it, but its still very solidly in the backing
> plate.

When I did my 96 upgrade, I did this to get the sensors out intact:
I used a Dremel to cut a portion of the ring that holds the sensor off. I cut
a section off almost as wide as the sensor. After the section was cut off  I
was able to free up the sensor very easily. I did not reuse the knuckles I
did this to, but I see no reason that, if a section slightly narrower then
the sensor is removed, the sensor can be secured adequately without a
complete ring around it.  Bob 93 MTX