[Shotimes] Stereo Questions

Leigh Smith leighsm@comcast.net
Mon, 12 May 2003 08:53:10 -0400

Steve;

I do agree with your recommendations of keeping the JBL amps, if you are
talking of starting with an intact JBL system with 2 amplifiers, all
working. The right patch cable would be the most economical way to go.
Sorry to mislead anyone. My 94 JBL system was a wiring nightmare,
missing amps, etc. and too much trouble returning to stock.

On the other hand, I found exactly the opposite with my 89 that had only
the (intact) premium sound amp, and the right patch cable required a
signal convertor box to keep it, and without it the volume was defening
even at the first level, so the most economical thing to do was to
bypass the premium sound amp. Same power, $10.

Did the the patch cable you used on your Gen II JBL system have some
sort of signal convertor box?

FWI: New Alpines start at $164 on sale at Circuit City!

Leigh