[Shotimes] Re-enforced motor mounts

Leigh Smith leighsm@comcast.net
Mon, 12 May 2003 21:57:57 -0400

Michael;

1. Grind off the flange on the current  small diameter cross-pin.
2. Beat it out
3. Buy one very large grade 8 bolt & nut of proper length. 1/2 in
diameter or better.
4. Drill out the mount to proper bolt size.
5. Add round brass hardware store spacers to the bolt to minimize the
free-play in the mount. Spacer thickness should be adjusted to set free
play. It will hit the bottom steel plate on the mount when the motor
moves. Do NOT remove all clearance, leave 1/4-3/8 in or so. Less than
the ~1 in. currently there.
6. Lock-tite the bolt on.
Maybe $4 mod.

Leigh