[Shotimes] List Of Problems in the 89 If anyone can help...

Frank Costa fcosta@comcast.net
Tue, 13 May 2003 01:06:38 -0400

Hello, all....

Problem 1: Side marker lights are not functioning, i bypassed the multifunction switch to get the headlights to work and i was wondering if anyone did this and if it is neccesary for the side marker lights to work

Problem 2: Steering is sloppy, i am thinking it is the rack and i got another one from a 90 or 91 sho and i was wondering if the racks are the same for those years .. and will they fit an 89...... It doesnt seem responsive anymore.... i got the solid subframe bushings and koni, eibach combination with update end links.......

problem 3: the driver's side tire is sticking out, i was thinking that i can break the welds on the shock tower and move it myself.....i was wondering if rewelding is necessary.

Problem 4: Rear suspension seems to "give every now and then......H-Brace?

Problem 5: My rear seems to sag a rediculous amount compared to the front......im not liking it y is this? I was thinking strut mounts....replace them with the police ones? It honestly looks like it is sagging alot compared to averyage 89's.....

Thanks for any help in these matters...

I love this list.

Frank
89 SHO