[Shotimes] List Of Problems in the 89 If anyone can help...

James F. Ryan III av8r567@optonline.net
Tue, 13 May 2003 19:13:36 -0400

Frank,

The '89s have notoriously bad rear springs.  Cheap fix - Napa/Moog Cargo
coils for the rear.  Not so cheap fix - Eibachs or Intrax' for all 4 corners
(and you'll definitely need new struts with these shorter springs).

Jim Ryan
(Living and working in Kentucky for the next 2 months)
Wayne, NJ
'91 Plus - all white/mocha with fiberglass hood, rod shifter, & rear spoiler

255 Lph fuel pump, SHO Shop can & horn, 80mm MAF, S&B cone filter, SHO Shop
HiFlow Y-pipe & cat-back exhaust, SHO Shop LPM, SHO Shop underdrive pulleys,
SHO Shop HiRevs Jr clutch & steel billet LiteWeight flywheel, reinforced
engine & trans mounts, SHO Shop TQ limiters, SHO NUT aluminum SFBs, FPS '96
SHO front brakes, Carbotech F brake pads, Nook's full-body SFCs, Koni adj
struts, SHO Shop linear springs, 24mm FSB, 26mm RSB, SHO Shop steel f&r
STBs, Bridgestone Potenza RE-730 225/55-16, CATZ MSP fog lights, police
grille