[Shotimes] Fuel Pressure Regulator.

John Zarebski jzarebsk@mnsi.net
Tue, 13 May 2003 15:31:27 -0700

Thanks for the advise. I checked the pressures and it is a constant 30 psi.
Nor does there appear to be fuel in the vacuum line. Pressure regulator
appears ok.
My most recent trip (nearly all Highway driving) I averaged 28mpg going
between 70 and 85 MPH. A noticeable improvement. I currently running  a TB
Chip 80mm MAF PP Y Pipe and Dynomax exhaust. My mileage has been quite
variable and I think likely due to low outside temps and city driving. The
engine had the rings, bearings and heads done about 7000 miles ago so the
base engine is in good condition. Wires have about 70,000 miles on them. The
one nagging problem is my acceleration between 4000-6000 rpm doesn't appear
to be as quick as it should.

John
Chatham ON Canada

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Steve Weinrich
Sent: May 8, 2003 12:33 PM
To: shotimes@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Fuel Pressure Regulator.

Test procedure is in the service manual.

Basically, it acts like a dam at the lower end of the fuel rail.  It allows
excess fuel pressure to bleed off so that the rail sees a constant pressure
of around 39 psi (vacuum line removed).

Pull the vacuum line and inspect for fuel in the line.  If so, you know that
the regulator diapharam has leaked and the regulator is 100% bad.

Steve