[Shotimes] Oil temp gauge//hot oil temps

Donelson Don 1badsho@mail.tnh.net
Wed, 14 May 2003 18:04:04 -0400

Normal hot oil temps will range from engine to engine and operating conditions.

I think somewere between 190 to 220 is normal. On cool days I am 180 and in traffic or if I am getting on the motor I have seen as high as 250. Under race conditions I have seen as high as 260 .. 270.

For those temps u only want synthetic oil.

Regarding the low oil temp sensor ... Thats the ideal location for it.  What i do is disconnect the sending unit ( disconnected your low oil light will remain off. ) and remove the 26 mm bolt that houses  the sending unit.

You than take the sender to a machine shop and have them cut off the top part as far down as u can with out affecting the structure integrity and than have them tap and thread for your brass sending unit adapter.

I have done this on both of my SUPER SHO's

dond

From: "sho2go" <srfdude@cox.net>
Date:  Wed, 14 May 2003 14:01:08 -0700

--

dond
91 Super SHO II

All work & assembly done by yours truly  : )

-3.2 ATX block
-FPS hi-flow heads w/  over sized valves
-Stage I cams
-SHONUT adjustable timing sprockets
-Ported intake & runners
-Ported and extrude honed exhaust manifolds
-Hi-flow catless Y pipe
-Hi-flow exhaust
-BBB
-SHO SHOP T.B.
-SHONUT phenolic spacers
-Quaife
-CAI
-UDP
****
-Cowl hood
-Momo 17x8 rims
-Police grill
-Custom two tone interior
-Complete sunpro gauges
oil temp / water temp / oil pressure
****
-Tokico shocks/Eibach springs
-Polyurethane at all corners
-Solid-sub frame bushings
-Frame stiffners
-Adjustable rear control arms
-Battery located in trunk for better weight distrubution
****
-12" rotors at all four corners
-Steel braided lines