[Shotimes] Removing front struts

Michael molsen@excite.com
Thu, 15 May 2003 15:51:28 -0400 (EDT)

I just started removing the front struts (Tokico/Eibach) to replace them with Koni/Intrax. On ShoTimes.com someone mentioned that the struts can be removed without removing the spindle. So far, I have disconnected the swaybar link and the tie-rod end and I have removed the brake caliber+bracket, rotor and shield.

I'm sitting here looking at all the suspension components, and there doesn't seem to be room enough to pull the spindle off the strut. When I try to do it, the tension strut hits the subframe and prevents the lower control arm from moving further downwards. I didn't disconnect the LCA from the spindle yet. Should I? (This can't be done either, btw, since the tension strut hits the subframe. Only way to remove the LCA is to push the spindle upwards ~2 inches or so with a jack.)

Any advice how this should be done?

Michael
94MTX,green,BOS+

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com