[Shotimes] Pics of a defective Blend Door Actuator

Carl Prochilo gr8sho@prochilo.myserver.org
Fri, 16 May 2003 10:43:48 -0400

This is for the FWIW category.

Every car has some lousy recurring defective that is a PITA.  The SHO has
several, but one of the worst is when the Blend Door Actuator fails and you
live in a warm climate like South Florida.  To get at the part to replace it
you have to remove the dash.   Check Shotimes for more details, but you'll
know you have to do this repair when your AC blows on full hot in automatic
mode.

The local dealership gave me the old defective part so I snapped a few pics
and posted them to my website.

http://prochilo.myserver.org:2080/sho/gallery/gallery.html?wa=Photos&Topic=20
03-05-16%20%20Defective%20Blend%20Door%20Actuator%20from%2095%20MTX

If that link doesn't come across cleanly, try this one.

http://prochilo.myserver.org:2080/sho/gallery/index.html

Some of the pics give a good detailed view of the stripped gears.  Anyone know
of a source for getting replacement gears?  Seems like a shame to throw the
part out as it's otherwise in very good shape.

Cheers,
Carl P.
92 Red and 95 MTX Green