[Shotimes] Konis

Josh Salaets jsalaets@msn.com
Sat, 17 May 2003 08:34:59 -0700

> I agree that they shouldn't go that far if they aren't meant to, but I
> keep mine within the 1 full turn and I haven't had any problems with
> mine in the 3 years I've had them.

I've heard people say this before about the Konis - that you shouldn't
adjust them more than one full turn.  Apparently some believe that Konis
won't last more than 10K on full-hard, but I've had mine turned all the way
up a couple times for autocrossing and track days, and a friend of mine runs
his Konis and full-hard all the time.  Neither of us have had problems, and
he's put 30K+ miles on his.  They feel the same as they did when we
installed them.  If turning them up that high does indeed cause problems,
then I see it as a manufacturing defect on Koni's part.  Other adjustable
shocks don't have this issue.

Oh well, I guess that's what the lifetime warranty's for! : )

Josh Salaets
95 SHO MTX (See it at: www.cardomain.com/id/sh0gun)
85 Omni GLH-T (Yeah, it's fast)
NWSHOC Member