[Shotimes] Konis

Ian Fisher ianf@eden.rutgers.edu
Sat, 17 May 2003 11:41:49 -0400

Ok, I just have to ask; how can you tell if they still feel the same as
day 1? I wouldn't have realized how much my tokicos in my old 94 had
softened up if I didn't sit in someone else's car who had just installed
them..

I think that my koni's may have softened up a bit; time to adjust
them...

Ian

-----Original Message-----
From: shotimes-admin@autox.team.net
[mailto:shotimes-admin@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Josh Salaets
Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2003 11:35 AM
To: Bill Murray; SHOTimes
Subject: Re: [Shotimes] Konis

> I agree that they shouldn't go that far if they aren't meant to, but I

> keep mine within the 1 full turn and I haven't had any problems with
> mine in the 3 years I've had them.

I've heard people say this before about the Konis - that you shouldn't
adjust them more than one full turn.  Apparently some believe that Konis
won't last more than 10K on full-hard, but I've had mine turned all the
way up a couple times for autocrossing and track days, and a friend of
mine runs his Konis and full-hard all the time.  Neither of us have had
problems, and he's put 30K+ miles on his.  They feel the same as they
did when we installed them.  If turning them up that high does indeed
cause problems, then I see it as a manufacturing defect on Koni's part.
Other adjustable shocks don't have this issue.

Oh well, I guess that's what the lifetime warranty's for! : )

Josh Salaets
95 SHO MTX (See it at: www.cardomain.com/id/sh0gun)
85 Omni GLH-T (Yeah, it's fast)
NWSHOC Member