[Shotimes] Konis

Josh Salaets jsalaets@msn.com
Sat, 17 May 2003 08:54:54 -0700

> Ok, I just have to ask; how can you tell if they still feel the same as
> day 1? I wouldn't have realized how much my tokicos in my old 94 had
> softened up if I didn't sit in someone else's car who had just installed
> them..

I say that because I have two friends that have Konis installed on their
cars - the one that has 30K on his Konis has the exact same suspension setup
as I do (Intrax springs, 26mm rear bar, etc.) and it feels just about the
same as my car, which has *maybe* 10K on it's Konis.  The other friend of
mine that has Konis originally was running coilovers for about 1000 miles,
didn't like the ride, and switched to Cargo Coils.  His car has almost the
same setup as mine, and feels pretty similar to my car, save for the
slightly softer ride from more suspension travel and softer spring rates.

Konis do have a break-in period, as they are initially much stiffer, but
I've found this to go away in about 500 miles or so as everything breaks in.

Josh Salaets
95 SHO MTX (See it at: www.cardomain.com/id/sh0gun)
85 Omni GLH-T (Yeah, it's fast)
NWSHOC Member