[Shotimes] Energy Suspension Bushings

ianf@eden.rutgers.edu ianf@eden.rutgers.edu
Sun, 18 May 2003 12:26:20 -0400 (EDT)

Apparently we have different ideas on "real differences". The gen3 has
a different drivetrain of different weight and position. It also has
different front lower control arms and spindles as well as different
struts and springs, halfshaft lengths, etc. What might work on one car
with one driver doesn't mean it will work on another car. I felt huge
differences even between my 94 atx and 93 mtx with the same sway bars
and that's within the same generation.

I am not going against the grain on this one here. Many others have
spoken up in the past and said the same things that I have said. Mark
Nunnally drove my car recently and remarked that it was really well
balanced and that it seemed that the sway bar combo was really working
well for the car. After I crawled out from under the dashboard and
tried to stand, I had to agree. I tend to drive hard and fast, but he
pushed my car much harder than I have (and he claims he was barely into
it) and the back wasn't showing any signs of coming out. When I lose
traction, I lose it at all four corners at once. This is considered
neutral; as we know, the front losing ground first=understeer and the
back=oversteer. I tried the 24mm and while the car cornered very flat,
it was plowing too hard. The 20.6 induced snap oversteer (front rolled
way too much too) whereas the 22 is a happy medium.

As Leigh said, this is a pointless arguement. Cars differ from the
driver all the way down to all of the componenents of the car itself.
What one person experiences with one setup obviously isn't going to be
the same experience for everyone else.

For the record, I have 235/45/17 Sumitomo HTRZ-II tires with plenty of
tread. These tires combined with my 17's have been some of the
grippiest tires I've ever used.

www.eden.rutgers.edu/~ianf

for a list of everything else

Ian

> Actually, what works on a Gen 3 DOES work on Gen 1/2s. The only real
> difference is in the stiffness of the body structure, which SFCs on a
Gen

admin@autox.team.net]