[Shotimes] moonroof wind deflector question

Mike.Wojton@us.o-i.com Mike.Wojton@us.o-i.com
Mon, 19 May 2003 08:59:23 -0400

My car came with a Benevento unit on it.  While I think it's a
quality piece, I don't care for them in general.  I went to take
it off and found rust behind the clips.  So, begrudgingly, I put
it back on, as the rust is spreading onto the roof.  Eventually,
I'll have the rust fixed and the roof repainted, and I'll ditch
the deflector.

If you do wish to install yours, I'd suggest taking great care
to seal the holes you drill for the clips.  Use some silicone when
installing the screws.  An even better idea is get one of the ones
that use tape.

Incidentally, I don't think it's any quieter with the moonroof
open and the deflector on.

Mike Wojton
Toledo, Ohio

-'95 Green MTX  3/01-1/03
   ShoShop y-pipe

-'95 White MTX
   '96 Brake Upgrade

Everybody is somebody else's weirdo.

shotimes-admin@autox.team.net wrote on 05/18/2003 12:11:11 PM:

> Those of you who have installed a moonroof wind deflector:  How many
chose
> one that attaches with double-sided tape?  And who chose one that
attaches
> with metal clips?
>
> I think I prefer the metal-clip type, just because it's possible to
loosen a
> couple of bolts and remove the deflector for cleaning.
>
> Does anyone have a metal-clip-type deflector, claimed specifically by
the
> manufacturer to be a fit for the Gen1 and/or Gen2 Taurus?  If so, what
is
> the manufacturer name and model number?
>
> I have received a Benevento deflector (free) that came with clips.
Problem