[Shotimes] Energy Suspension Bushings

Leigh Smith leighsm@comcast.net
Mon, 19 May 2003 10:03:42 -0400

James;
 I see no reason you can't tune the understeer out of your 24/26 bar
setup on your Plus. If not, then you could always try a 22mm front bar
later. I would suggest you try some of the following, each of which
should increase oversteer slightly. Just don't try all of them at once!
Leigh

-1.5 to -1.9 neg camber in front only
0.75 neg camber in rr
5 deg positive caster in front
36-38psi in front/ 28-32 psi in rear
wider 7 or 8 in wide wheels for those 255/55s - slicers are 6 in
17 in dia wheels
Adj Konis as soft as you can stand in front, maybe 1/2 turn out
Adj rear 1 turn stiffer than front
Poly bushings on all rear sway bar links
Go autocrossing & use a IR heat gun on front tires, get tire temps even
across the tread of outside tire, every wheel, tire, sway bar
combination is diff, change air press & camber til even
Then tighten up on rear shock settings & more rear air press til it's
balanced or rear starts to slide
I usually run 0 toe-in fr / rr
You could try up to 1/8 toe-OUT fr but no more than 1/16 OUT in rear -
this one gets a little dicey - not good for street - use with care