[Shotimes] Rod Bearings (please help me)

kevin galuska white91sho@hotmail.com
Thu, 22 May 2003 04:05:15 +0000

Well here's my problem, I have low oil pressure and what may or may not be a
knock. My oil gauge is reading very low but at the readings Im getting the
oil light in the car should be comming on or at least flickering(maybe
possible bad sending unit.) The other thing is that I have a noise I can not
find a cause for that I am attributing to a knock. It never makes the sound
at idle or on acceleration or even when accelerating from 1200 in second
gear. The only time it makes it is when Im decelerating in gear going over
bumps(possible suspension noise?)  My car has 130000 and I dont think the
rod bearings have ever been done. THE REAL PROBLEM is that I have ordered
clevite bearings from Carparts.com but they have no idea when they will be
shipped since they must come right from the manufacturer. Carparts said
anywhere from 7 days to 4 weeks. Right now I am in NJ for the week at my
parents house where all my tools and a good place to work on my car is. Some
time next week I have to drive 4 hours to State College, PA to start a job.
I can not wait 3-4 weeks for these bearing to come in. I have called all the
shops in my area that are clevite distributors and nobody has the bearings
and they dont have any idea when they would be available. What I am
wondering is if anyone knows a place that has the proper bearings clevite
part number: CB-1435P in stock(I would need 6 sets), and that could get them
to NJ ASAP?  If they do have them instock and it is a business that ships
parts if someone could send my a phone number or a website that would be
great. If this is a business that does not ship (ie. pepboys or something
like that) whoever finds them instock would be willing to buy them and ship
them to me in NJ and I could reinburse them by paypal ect... that also would
be extremely helpfull. I just do not want to risk my crank, mental health,
or an ulser on a 4 hour drive back to school.
Thanks,

Kevin Galuska
ksg132@psu.edu

'91 SHO white/black