[Shotimes] OT- Fieros revisted...

Ron Nottingham nottingham@alltel.net
Sat, 24 May 2003 07:59:22 -0400

OK, folks, if you're not interested delete now, no SHO content...

While reading some of my back issues of older car rags, I came across this
tidbit from the November 1983 issue of Road & Track, Miscellaneous
Ramblings, page 39, "Fiero Fire Put Out" (how ironic that the 4-cylinder
Fieros had a fire problem, this article came out before this problem, and
was not about 4-bangers :-).  The article talks about the Fiero not getting
the 300hp TWIN turbo, all-aluminum 2.9L V6 (as mentioned in the July '83
column), due to the fact that GM execs said the car had too much horsepower.
The article later states that the 85 Fiero would get the Chevy 2.8L V6.  It
also goes on to talk about a new 90-degree 3.9L V6 based upon the 5.7L
Corvette engine.

Ron N. - Dalton, GA
90 SHO
89 325i
"It takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile"