[Shotimes] A/C

ATXSHO93@aol.com ATXSHO93@aol.com
Tue, 27 May 2003 07:28:59 EDT

In a message dated 5/26/03 9:18:01 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
kerry@kinionfurniture.com writes:

> There is what looks like the re-fill port right in front of the battery??
> Can I
> just pump a half can in and be good to go??   I'm trying to keep this as
> simple as possible!

Kerry,

That is the high side service port.  If you attempt to add a can of R-12 to
the high side the can will probably explode in your hand.  DON'T DO IT!  The
low side port in on the accumulator on the passenger's side firewall under the
plastic cowling.  The fitting looks just like the high side port.  The low side
is where you add refrigerant.

Make sure that you use R-12 and not R-134a if you decide to top off the
system, unless you evacuate the system and do a retrofit.  They do not mix!

What was the ambient temp and humidity when you took that vent temp reading?

John Gentry
'93 ATX converted to R-134a