[Shotimes] A/C Question

Donald Mallinson dmall@mwonline.net
Tue, 27 May 2003 08:35:12 -0500

Be carful!

If the reason they want to replace all the stuff under the
dash is because they can't find the leak (A leak is what
started this...right?) then they might be looking in the
wrong spot.

I got the same assessment, and when I took my car to Mike
Courtney's in MN, he knew where to look.  under the
insulation on the hard lines that run under the battery
tray.  Stuck the "sniffer" in there and got a hit on a leak.

Those lines sweat under the insulation and rust out but it
is hard to see, and most A/C techs don't know to look there
on the SHO.

The parts under the dash are not normal items that go bad.

Don Mallinson